12/1/15

Playlisticle: NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CHRISTMAS [UK 2015]

Christmas music is BIG business in the UK.  In addition to the used to be fierce now predictable annual chart competition to see which singing competition winner's non-Christmas song will nab the once highly coveted Christmas Number One spot on the chart, dozens of multi-disc various artists compilations of Holiday songs compete for sales scraps on the UK Compilation Albums chart.  Returning for it's seventh or eighth go around and celebrating its 30th Anniversary in 2015 is the venerable Now That's What I Call Christmas - 71 songs from 8 Decades across 3 discs!
Does it include every song you're gonna wanna hear this Holiday season or the next ten? No.  Chances are, if you have purchased any Christmas compilation in the last twenty years or so, you may already have many of these songs, though there are three from 2013 that seem new to the compilation game, at least to my ears.  I could be wrong.  Or maybe I just wanted to see and hear these three songs.  I wrote about the first album HERE and the second album HERE back in 2013.

BONUS CHRISTMAS TUNES



No comments:

Post a Comment