12/12/18

JD McPherson's SOCKS [2018]

As a fan of JD's last two albums (2015's Let The Good Times Roll and 2017's UNDYING HEART & SOUL), I was more than a little excited when I saw SOCKS announced back in September:

Then the hard times of October happened. By the time the album was released, I had all but forgotten about it because all of my thoughts and physical efforts at the time were devoted to healing and getting back to my normal. Meanwhile, some of my friends confirmed it was as good as an album as I'd hoped. Even jb likes JD:

Just this week, I listened to SOCKS for the first time in all of its half-hour glory and it was well worth the wait, instantly garnering a repeat play. All the hype is true. Ladies and gentle readers, I am proud to proclaim JD McPherson's SOCKS as the official 2018 Christmas Album of The Hideaway. (And I still have a dozen new Christmas albums to get through.) If you come around The Hideaway this season after the Sun has fallen from view, chances are more than likely I'll be on the back porch listening to SOCKS and enjoying my new normal.
McPherson had released his previous Holiday original "Twinkle (Little Christmas Lights)" back in 2012, during The Hideaway's first year of existence online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment