12/31/17

Brandon Hixson's DISCO YEARS 1975-1980

Throughout the year here at The Hideaway, we've been featuring the YouTube playlists of our friend Brandon Hixson and recently he uploaded the five playlists of Disco Years 1975-1980: 100 of the Greatest Disco Hits of All Time. For those of you still looking for a soundtrack to your New Year's Eve Soiree, give one or all of these a try.

Volume 1
01) YMCA – Village People
02) Ring My Bell – Anita Ward
03) You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) – Sylvester
04) Funkytown – Lipps Inc
05) Give Me The Night – George Benson
06) This Time Baby – Jackie Moore
07) Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
08) The Hustle – Van McCoy
09) Night Fever – Bee Gees (Blocked)
10) Heaven Must Have Sent You – Bonnie Pointer
11) Boogie Wonderland – Earth, Wind & Fire
12) I’ve Got The Next Dance – Deniece Williams
13) My Baby’s Baby – Liquid Gold
14) Car Wash – Rose Royce
15) That’s The Way (I Like It) – KC & The Sunshine Band
16) I Need Your Lovin ‘ – Teena Marie
17) Get Up And Boogie (That’s Right) – Silver Convention
18) Stomp! – Brothers Johnson
19) Le Freak – Chic
20) I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor

Volume 2
01) Ain’t No Stoppin Us Now – McFadden & Whitehead
02) We Are Family – Sister Sledge
03) The Second Time Around – Shalamar
04) More, More, More – Andrea True Connection
05) You Should Be Dancing – Bee Gees
06) Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
07) Pop Muzik – M
08) Boogie Woogie Dancing Shoes – Claudja Berry
09) Theme From S.W.A.T. – Rhythm Heritage
10) Boogie Oogie Oogie – A Taste Of Honey
11) Dance With Me – Peter Brown
12) Let’s All Chant – Michael Zager Band
13) Never Knew Love Like This Before – Stephanie Mills
14) Take Your Time (Do It Right) – SOS Band
15) Young Hearts Run Free – Candi Staton
16) I Love Music – O’Jays
17) Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
18) Shake Your Groove Thing – Peaches & Herb
19) I Haven’t Stopped Dancing Yet – Gonzalez
20) Good Times – Chic

Volume 3
01) Rapper’s Delight – The Sugarhill Gang
02) Come To Me – France Joli
03) I Want Your Love – Chic
04) Take Me Home – Cher
05) And The Beat Goes On – The Whispers
06) Red Light – Linda Clifford
07) It Only Takes A Minute – Tavares (Blocked)
08) Don’t Hold Back - Chanson
09) Got To Be Real – Cheryl Lynn
10) Makin’ It – David Naughton
11) Keep On Jumpin’ – Musique
12) Ai No Corrida – Quincy Jones
13) Best Of My Love – The Emotions
14) Don’t Let Go – Isaac Hayes
15) Jump To The Beat – Stacy Lattisaw
16) Don’t Stop The Music – Yarbrough & Peoples
17) Super Trouper – ABBA
18) Street Life – The Crusaders
19) Love And Desire – Arpeggio
20) Last Dance – Donna Summer

Volume 4
01) Celebration – Kool & The Gang
02) Heart Of Glass – Blondie
03) Mach Man – Village People
04) Don’t Leave Me This Way – Thelma Houston
05) The Chase – Giorgio Moroder
06) He’s The Greatest Dancer – Sister Sledge
07) Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – Santa Esmeralda
08) Turn The Beat Around – Vicki Sue Robinson
09) Disco Inferno – Tramps
10) Knock On Wood – Amii Stewart
11) I Was Made For Dancing – Leif Garrett
12) Tattoo Man – Denise McCann
13) (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again – L.T.D.
14) Best Disco In Town – Ritchie Family
15) I Do Love You – G.Q.
16) Boogie Nights – Heatwave
17) Fame – Irene Cara
18) Contact – Edwin Starr
19) Born To Be Alive – Patrick Hernandez
20) Bad Girls – Donna Summer

Volume 5
01) Upside Down – Diana Ross
02) Disco Nights (Rock Freak) – G.Q.
03) What Cha Gonna Do With My Lovin’ – Stephanie Mills
04) Dazz – Brick
05) I Feel Love – Donna Summer
06) Tangerine – The Salsoul Orchestra
07) I Wanna Be Your Lover – Prince (Blocked)
08) I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl) – Instant Funk
09) You Stepped Into My Life – Melba Moore
10) Da Ya Think I’m Sexy – Rod Stewart
11) Rise – Herb Alpert
12) Get Off  – Foxy
13) NY You Got Me Dancing – Andrea True Connection
14) Cocomotion – El Coco
15) No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) – Barbra Streisand with Donna Summer
16) Native New Yorker – Odyssey
17) Found A Cure – Ashford & Simpson
18) Spring Rain – Silvetti
19) Keep On Dancin’ – Gary’s Gang
20) I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round) – Alicia Bridges

LISTEN TO ALL FIVE HERE

For more about Rhino's Disco Years series

For more about Rhino's budget-priced 
Special Editions Disco Hits series
CLICK HERE

Once again, thanks to everyone who dropped by The Hideaway this year (and all the other years as well.)
I especially want to thank:
my patient, understanding and supportive family;
all of my friends who offered comments and called me on my errors;
and those brave guest posters.

We'll be taking a bit of a sabbatical here to start the New Year but we'll be back. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment