6/7/15

THE Song Of Summer 2015

Unless you're new to these parts, you know all too well that HERC takes his music seriously and I really really do, especially summer music.  Ordinarily at this time of the year, I'd be slathering my ears with potential candidates for the prestigious Song Of Summer but after a month of setbacks, it became clear to me that this was gonna be an epically sucky Summer and this is from a guy who was sexually abused nearly every Summer while growing up.  Anyway, after the dearth of Blue Bell ice cream, the unexpected loss of my father and the passing of my best friend's Mom, I'm really not into the whole Songs Of Summer this year.  But then I heard this song and it says it all.  Forget the verses, just shout the chorus as loud as you can and just get it all out.  I did and I feel better.  Probably gonna have to do it regularly throughout the Summer though.  And if you're into those sorts of things, there's an explicit version as well.



1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you, buddy. Going through some of my own stuff as well, and this chorus just seems to hit it home. sigh

    ReplyDelete