10/1/17

Brandon Hixson's The LOST HITS OF THE LATE 1970's: Vols. 1-5

Brandon Hixson returns with the first five in a planned nine-volume series he calls Lost Hits Of The Late 1970's - The Ultimate "Oh I Forgot All About This Song!!" Collection. Brandon's definition of a lost hit may not match your own definition but I challenge anyone to say they are familiar with all 100 songs Brandon has rounded up below. For me, it was more "Oh I Never Heard That Song Before" than "Oh I Forgot All About This Song!!" - I was lucky enough to recognize 36 out of the 100.
UPDATE: All of the following videos have all been taken down on copyright grounds.
Volume 1 – Ready For The 80’s
1) Ready For The 80’s – Village People
2) Let Me Know (I Have a Right) – Gloria Gaynor
3) I Do Believe In You – Pages
4) Since You Been Gone – Rainbow
5) Love Is All You Need – High Inergy
6) You’ve Got Another Thing Coming – Hotel
7) Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow – Dave Mason
8) That Once In A Lifetime – Demis Roussos
9) Hot Love, Cold World – Bob Welch
10) You’re Gonna Get What’s Coming – Bonnie Raitt
11) Disco Rufus – Stargard
12) Mistrusted Love – Mistress
13) Got To Give In To Love – Bonnie Boyer
14) (I Will Be Your) Shadow In The Street – Allan Clarke
15) Don’t Ever Wanna Lose Ya – New England
16) Can We Still Be Friends – Todd Rundgren
17) Darlin’ – Paul Davis & Susan Collins
18) If You Want It – Niteflyte
19) Pretty Girls – Melissa Manchester
20) Keep On Dancin’ – Gary’s Gang
Volume 2 – Who Listens To The Radio
1) It’s All I Can Do – Cars
2) You Stepped Into My Life – Melba Moore
3) Savannah Nights – Tom Johnston
4) Totally Hot – Olivia Newton-John
5) Lonely Wind – Kansas
6) Music, Harmony And Rhythm – Brooklyn Dreams
7) Stone Blue – Foghat
8) Ca Plane Pour Moi – Plastic Bertrand
9) Young Blood – Rickie Lee Jones
10) Train, Train – Blackfoot
11) I Still Have Dreams – Richie Furay
12) Who Listens To The Radio – The Sports
13) Saturdaynight – Herman Brood
14) Chattanooga Cho-Cho – Tuxedo Junction
15) Warm Ride – Rare Earth
16) Keep On Running Away – Lazy Lacer
17) Love Don’t Live Here Anymore – Rose Royce (Blocked)
18) Dance Across The Floor – Jimmy “Bo” Horne
19) Chase – Giorgio Moroder
20) I’d Rather Leave While I’m In Love – Rita Coolidge
Volume 3 – Street Life
1) I Haven’t Stopped Dancing Yet – Gonzales
2) Girl Of My Dreams – Bram Tchaikovsky
3) Last Train To London – Electric Light Orchestra
4) You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else – The Jones Girls
5) (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman – The Kinks
6) We Fell In Love While Dancing – Bill Brandon
7) Get Down – Gene Chandler (Blocked)
8) Runaway Love – Linda Clifford
9) Street Life – The Crusaders
10) Love And Desire – Arpeggio
11) I Just Can’t Control Myself – Nature’s Divine
12) Glide – Pleasure
13) My Forbidden Lover – Chic
14) Arms Of Mary – Chilliwack
15) Sweets For My Sweet – Tony Orlando
16) Goodbye, I Love You – Firefall
17) Substitute – Clout (Blocked)
18) Oh Well – Rockets
19) Love Pains – Yvonne Elliman
20) Looks Like Love Again – Dann Rogers
Volume 4 – Good Friend
1) Roller-Skatin’ Mate (Part 1) – Peaches & Herb
2) Lost Her In The Sun – John Stewart
3) Don’t Drop My Love – Anita Ward
4) You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) – Sylvester
5) New Orleans Ladies – Louisiana’s Le Roux
6) Let’s Get Crazy Tonight – Rupert Holmes
7) Long Hot Summer Nights – Wendy Waldman
8) Dancin’ Fever – Claudja Barry
9) Peter Piper – Frank Mills
10) Good Friend – Mary McGregor
11) Sure Know Something – Kiss
12) Ain’t Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You – Teri DeSario
13) Raise A Little Hell – Trooper
14) You’re My Weakness – Faith Band
15) You – The McCrarys
16) She Loves To Be In Love – Charlie
17) All I See Is Your Face – Dan Hill
18) I Call Your Name – Switch
19) No Chance – Moon Martin
20) Just Another Night – Ian Hunter
Volume 5 – Lay It On The Line
1) Move Your Boogie Body – Bar-Kays
2) Voices – Cheap Trick
3) Slip Away – Ian Lloyd
4) Hey, St Peter – Flash & The Pan
5) I Will Still Love You – Stonebolt
6) Survivor – Cindy Bullens
7) Sitting In Limbo – Don Brown
8) You Can Do It – Dobie Gray
9) Think It Over – Cheryl Ladd
10) Lay It On The Line – Triumph
11) The Joker – Snail
12) What Can I Do With Thus Broken Heart – England Dan & John Cord Coley
13) Dancing Shoes – Faith Band
14) Dreadlock Holiday – 10cc
15) (You Really) Rock Me – Nick Gilder
16) Run For Home – Lindisfarne
17) New York City – Zwol
18) The Shape Of Things To Come – The Headboys
19) Lonely Eyes – Robert John
20) Dig That Gold – Joyce Cobb

also check out
(songs from 1978-1985 that missed the Top 40)

COMING SOON
to Brandon's YouTube Channel!

This has been a Spotify-free post!

No comments:

Post a Comment