9/19/13

FLASHBACK: America's Top 10 September 19, 1982


Another day, another countdown.  Thanks burtiscurtis09.




POP




ALBUM




COUNTRY


Unfortunately, HERC couldn't locate this week's Country Spotlight video - Gene Watson's "This Dream's On Me".  Also, Spotify only has 7 of the Top 10 Country songs.  Not a good week for The Hideaway's Country music fans.  Please enjoy this bonus episode of America's Top 10 which originally aired the following week - September 26, 1982:


************
At the top of the September 19th show, Charlie, the announcer, mentions "our visit to the recent US Festival near San Bernardino, California" but the segment is cut from the video.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. Every time I read the Friday and Saturday line-ups from the '82 US Festival, I just shake my head in wonder. Looking at those names is like looking through my LP collection at the time. Line-ups like that still exist. Unfortunately, the concerts/festivals are all in England and most of the groups have few of the original band members left.

    Speaking of AT40, I found these two recent posts about AT40 fascinating:
    AT40 From the Inside and Part 2 of same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew one classmate who went to all three days of the US Festival - they drank too much on the first day and were sick for the entire weekend with not a single good story to tell.

    When I see ads for those British festivals of 80s stars in Classic Pop, I get nostalgic for about a moment but then I realize that, like you said, it just wouldn't be the same.

    Thanks for sharing the AT40 links. I hadn't come across them before.

    ReplyDelete